Thursday, June 15, 2006

Paris Air Show 2005

Now that I have all this time to kill (see below), I've finally gotten around to posting some video clips I shot at the Paris Air Show last year. I love planes -- warplanes in particular -- and it's a rush watching and listening to them fly. The Paris Air Show was the best perk of my job as editor-in-chief of JED and eDefense Online. I've been to three Paris Air Shows (2001, 2003, and 2005 -- they alternate years with Farnborough) and I found this spot near the parking lot right under the glide path the planes use for landing after their demonstration routines. It's like you can reach up and touch them.

My sister Jackie gave me a Sony Handicam for Christmas in 2004, so I finally had a video camera small enough to carry about for long, hot, wonderful days at Le Bourget. Frankly, I'm not a professional videographer and I was using a tiny camera without a mount, so there's a shakiness factor. But with a little editing the clips are presentable.

I have the Airbus A-380 and Sukhoi Su-27 posted now. I'll add more ASAP.

UPDATE: I've added clips of the Dassault Rafale, Dassault Mirage 2000, and the Eurofighter Typhoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home